Entries or nominations are invited from individuals, businesses, public organisations and community groups currently producing or developing innovative services or products in accordance with the definition “What is Innovation?” as outlined within the About The Awards
page, or the NIIA information package. Ultimately, if your business is distinct from others, you are best placed to explain how and why, as opposed to a third party nominator, however nominations will be accepted and considered equally.
Remember that innovation isn't just limited to products someone might invent or produce, we would also encourage you to enter or nominate where innovation may be applied in the way in which services have been delivered, or the fields a person, unit or orgnaisation may have been conducting research or providing education in.
It is free to enter the Innovation Awards.
All entries are considered individually by the Northern Inland Innovation Awards Judging Panel, comprising four judges (from both RDANI and the community). Top ranking entries in each category become Finalists and are invited to attend the Awards night. As finalists they will also be invited to showcase their products and services as part of the evening for all attendees to see.
By entering the awards, businesses and individuals will have the opportunity to gain significant recognition and exposure of their innovative product or service.
The Awards process will allow:
- Individuals or businesses to enter themselves or,
- Nominations of suitable applicants (with their consent/agreement) to be put forward by other individuals or businesses residing in or, coming from the Northern region.
Supporting entries with photos is encouraged.
Entries for the 2016 awards are now closed.
Benefits of Entering
Whatever the category, winning a Northern Inland Region Innovation Award will have a number of
benefits for you and your business including:
- Enhancing your individual profile as someone who has made an outstanding contribution in your field
- Media exposure of your product or service
- Attracting like-minded businesses to expand your network
- A display trophy
- Potentially vindicating your innovative efforts or even adding credibility for the benefit of overseas markets.